Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cooking: Baked Spaghetti Deliciousness

Who doesn't love spaghetti? I mean, I know there are people that don't like it, but they're crazy, right? And even though I don't enjoy cooking, spaghetti is something I can make. It's not that hard. Especially when I can buy sauce in a jar. Trey had asked me if we could eat something normal for a couple of nights... said he liked my pinterest recipes I was trying, but just wanted something simple. So, one night we made spaghetti... but when there are only 2 people to cook for, we don't have to make the whole box of noodles or jar of sauce... so we just used what we needed. And I saved the rest for this delicious pinterest dish...




I've actually had it pinned for a while and must have forgotten about it because it's so incredibly easy... if I had remembered it before now I would have already made it twice. The actual recipe is called Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti Casserole.. but that's too long. So I will call it Baked Spaghetti Deliciousness.

ingredients:
12 oz spaghetto
1 (28 oz) jar prepared spaghetti sauce
1 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 clove garlic, minced
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 parmesan cheese, grated

instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
  • Brown the ground beef, drain fat & stir in spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
  • Cook spaghetti, drain & place in bowl. Add cream cheese, Italian seasoning, & minced garlic. Stir until cream cheese is melted & spaghetti is thoroughly coated.
  • Lightly grease 9x13" dish. Spread a small amount of meat sauce in the bottom of the dish. Put spaghetti mixture on top & top with remaining meat sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top.
  • Bake for 30 minutes.
What I did different:
I didn't really measure everything by ounces or pounds... mainly because they use the metric system here unlike the system we use in the states. So I was dealing with milliliters & grams. I estimated everything (which I guess means I'm getting better at this whole cooking thing!). And I'm not sure what they mean by Italian seasoning, so I used a couple of "shakes" of onion salt & a couple of "shakes" of Adobo seasoning. AND I'm not sure what a clove of garlic is... is it the whole thing of garlic or one of the little pieces inside? If you can clarify, that would be great. I used one of the little pieces inside :) It all turned out wonderful. I will DEFINITELY be making this again, with all the changes I already made. The only other thing I would do differently is to set the cream cheese out a little earlier so it melts easier in the noodles.

This was a nice change to the normal spaghetti. Try it out :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi friend! Cooking stuff: Italian Seasoning is a blend of Italian spices like basil, oregano, etc. It can be found on the spice aisle.
    Cloves of garlic are the "little pieces" that make up the whole garlic - so you totally did it right.

    Love keeping up with you!!
    Aby

    ReplyDelete