Friday, January 18, 2013

Romans 8:28

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

edit: First, let me say everything over here is fine! Our health is fine, the baby is fine. Nothing to worry about. This post is more about realizing where He is working in our lives and how that will all be pulled together for good and His glory.

We all have Bible verses that speak to our hearts. I have different verses that the Lord reminds me of at different times. Today, He reminded me of Romans 8:28. The first time this verse really encouraged me was when I was a sophomore in high school and my last living grandparent had a stroke. My Papa meant so much to me and not knowing if he would make it through the next few days was heartbreaking. I committed that verse to memory knowing I would need encouragement from it again one day. That day came when the guy I thought I would marry broke up with me. And again when I thought I was following His direction by transferring to FSU and suddenly I come down with mono and have to take time off from school. And again, when my Papa finally passed away. And yet again, when I moved to Birmingham to take a job, knowing that's where I was supposed to be even though it wouldn't be easy. And again, when that job was going to be taken away from me. And again, when my mom got sick and eventually passed away.

And again, He reminded me of that verse today. This last year has not been easy on us. We've been through a lot of transition. We've moved across the world to a living situation that is not the easiest. We're away from our family and friends and have made new friends. Only one thing in our lives hasn't changed and that's the faithfulness of God. Today, as we sat and faced a new reality in our lives, God reminded me of this verse. He is working all of these things together for good. I may not understand the good. I may never see the good. But none of that matters. All that matters is that He is in control and His purpose will reign.

Today has been a difficult day for us. And periodically we have those really difficult, "I'm not sure I can live here", "I want to go back to the states" days. But He is faithful to remind me of this verse. I'm so thankful for that reminder today.

No comments:

Post a Comment