Friday, June 29, 2012

different types of grief

I know grief. I've experienced it several times in my life. Mostly related to death. Going through this transition, it has been brought to my attention a different form of grief. Last month we said our "see you laters" to our family, not sure when we would see them again. Yesterday we said "see you later" to friends we've been with over the last 5 months. These people share our same passions in life. We have an immediate connection with them because of what we do. Some of these people have become like family to us. We've watched their children grow up and change in 5 months. And we now have to go our separate ways. I'm personally experiencing some grief in that. The idea that I may run into them overseas, even though they'll be on a different continent. It is different grief though, because I know there is a possibility of me seeing these friends again.

One of the things that helps in this grief and in the losses that I've experienced, is knowing, no matter what, I'll see these friends in heaven. Pray for all of us as we transition to our new homes. Some board a plane today, some tomorrow, and still others later this week. Pray for safe and smooth travels and easy transition. Also, pray for the children involved in these moves.

We ask you pray also today for a friend in Panama City burying her husband. Allison and her husband (Drew), along with their first child due soon (Ruby), were in a car accident on Monday. As I sit and write this, my heart physically hurts for her. We know that he loved the Lord, and like I said earlier, we will see in him in heaven, but sometimes that doesn't take away the pain. I'm so thankful that Allison is surrounded by an incredible godly family that will hold her up when it seems too hard to bear. Pray for strength for her, his family, and for all those effected by his death. Pray also that God will be glorified through this.

To end on a happy note - do you like our updates on our blog?! One of those friends that is like family that I mentioned above is an excellent graphic designer and helped to update our simple blog :) What she did in a matter of hours would have taken me days!! Thanks Leslie!! (That's one girl I'm going to have a really hard time saying "see you later" to.)

4 comments:

  1. I've been praying for her all week. I'll be praying especially today. I can't imagine. Love to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post, Kristen. a lot.
    Praying for you and Trey and the Macleans.
    believing there is purpose in every season, even the ones full of grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you! Miss ya'll already!
    Leslie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you and Praying for you, Trey and Baby Fondren
    Keep posting, they are great. Dad

    ReplyDelete