Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cooking: turkey sliders & corn on the cob

So, who doesn't like a slider. Anything that is a miniature version is always better, right? It seems like you aren't eating as much. I found a recipe on Pinterest for leftover ham after Thanksgiving & Christmas. Ham Sliders. However, Trey's not a fan of ham... so we went for Turkey Sliders.

Here's the link for the recipe I used.

Ingredients:
24 good white dinner rolls
24 pieces good honey ham
24 small slices Swiss cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup miracle whip

Poppy seed sauce
1 Tablespoon poppyseeds
1 1/2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tablespoon minced onion
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Instructions:
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.

In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. You do not have to use all of the sauce! Just use enough to cover the tops. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm.

OK, and here's what I did different. I only made 6 sliders, since there is only 2 of us. However, what I did wrong was making the full amount of sauce :) let's just say it was a little strong tasting. I also used turkey instead of ham and only mayo (no miracle whip). And no onion.. since I bought a whole onion and did not want my eyes watering for just 1 tablespoon worth of onion.

Overall, there was approval in the household. We did have to scrape the excess sauce off the top and bottom, but Trey ate
the leftovers the next day.

Now for the corn. I've never made anything so easy. As I was searching for how to cook corn on the cob I went to several websites because I could not believe it could be that easy. What do you do?? Simply heat the oven to 350 degrees & place the cobs straight on the rack. Bake for 30 minutes and voila. That's it. Add some butter and salt & there you have delicious corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment